At the request of the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals, the Tennessee Judicial Conference Foundation (TJCF) established a scholarship in honor of the late Court of Criminal Appeals Presiding Judge John Everett Williams. Judge Williams passed away on September 2, 2022 at the age of 68. He served on the Court of Criminal Appeals from 1998 until his passing.
The scholarship is needs-based and will be awarded to Tennessee law students attending Cumberland School of Law. Both Judge Williams and his father, the late John L. Williams received their law degrees from Cumberland School of Law.
“We are excited about this scholarship and hope it will assist in long telling the legendary story of Judge John Everett Williams,” said Court of Criminal Appeals Judge Tim Easter.
More than $6,000 has already been raised to fund this scholarship. If you are interested in contributing, visit GiveButter.com.
- Click on the amount you wish to donate and click continue
- On the Select an Option box, select John Everett Williams Scholarship and click continue
- Select "Other" on the Add a Tip to Support Givebutter box (this will enter zero)
- A minimal service fee will be added to your charge
- Select payment method (Credit Card / Venmo / PayPal)
- Click Finish
- You will receive an email to use for tax deduction purposes.
You may also mail a check to:
The Tennessee Judicial Conference Foundation
629 Woodland Street
Nashville, TN 37206-4211
Attn: Suzanne G. Keith
Please forward this information to anyone you believe would like to contribute.